Parent-Child-Relationship Training (CPR)
When children have problems, sometimes they don’t have the words to talk about them. Play gives children a way to communicate feelings they don’t understand or can’t express any other way.
Play therapy has been shown to be an effective intervention with children for a variety of behavioral and emotional difficulties. Research has shown that motivated parents can be trained to be as effective as play therapists using play therapy skills with their own children, with as little as 20 hours of Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training.
Research studies have shown that Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training can:
- Reduce or eliminate behavior problems
- Enhance the parent-child relationship and the marital relationship
- Develop responsibility and self-control in children
- Increase children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase parents’ feelings of warmth for their children
Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training is conducted in 10 weekly, 2-hour sessions. The atmosphere is friendly and accepting and the training interactive, making it enjoyable and interesting.
Some of the things you will learn include:
- How to help your child open up to you
- Therapeutic limit setting
- Recognizing emotional needs and building self-esteem
- Fostering creativity, self-control, and self-responsibility
Contact Live! LLC: 505-717-7227 or contact us for details on how to enroll.