Live! offers many group therapy groups to the Albuquerque community. Check them out below and click to learn more.
Why might we choose group therapy?
There are many reasons people choose group therapy.
- Group therapy can be a cost-effective alternative to individual therapy. Since we usually do not use health insurance for a group, we can get appropriate care without having to have a mental health diagnosis.
- Some groups are more process oriented and the feedback from others can be powerful. Sometimes the groups are more didactic or educational in nature. In these situations we can have greater focus on learning skills, thereby reaching our goals quicker.
- In many situations a group can be a more powerful catalyst to change than individual therapy. Often a group can be a supportive adjunct to individual therapy.
Group Therapy groups coming to Live! soon:
- Therapy Group for children identified by their school as engaging in bullying behavior
- Therapy Group for children identified as “gifted”
- Therapy Group for girls entering into middle school
Call (505) 717-7227 for details and let Live! know if you are interested!